How Do Upgraded URLs Help Advertisers With Third-Party Conversion Tracking?
- Allow advertisers to direct users to the app store to download their app
- Manage a single tracking URL at the campaign, ad group or ad level that is separate from the landing page URL
- Show deep link URLs only to people who already have the app
- Show app install ads only to people who haven’t downloaded the app yet
Correct Answer – Manage a single tracking URL at the campaign, ad group or ad level that is separate from the landing page URL
If you are an enthusiast in Google Ads, or maybe you are working in this sector, then you must have heard about the term Destination URL, Final URL, Upgraded URL, etc. But do you know what these are actually or how does it work?
Let’s take a brief look at what exactly is an Upgraded URL.
What Is A Destination URL?
A destination is the URL of the landing page of your Ads. When a user clicks on your ad, they land on a certain page of your website. The url of that page is referred to as destination URL.
Until a time a destination URL used to consist of the landing page URL and tracking parameters of the ad. For any adjustments or change in the tracking parameters, users need to update the destination URL and the ad has to go through editorial reviews again. In this period the ads were stopped from going live.
What Is An Upgraded URL?
Upgraded URL is a feature that was introduced in the Google ads later on. As we all know that a destination URL is made up of landing page URL and tracking URL parameters. In the upgraded URL, you have a separate space for these two.
Upgraded URLs separate the landing pages from the tracking URL parameters. Here if the user wants to change the tracking parameters, they can simply upgrade without going through any editorial review processes.
What Are The Benefits Of Upgraded URLs?
There are many benefits of this feature. Let’s take a look one-by-one.
- Upgraded URLs separate the landing page URL from the tracking and URL parameters.
- Users can upgrade the tracking parameters separately in the tracking template..
- While the upgrade has been made, the ads don’t have to go through any editorial review process.
- The character limits are increased.
- It saves a lot of time and efforts of the ad publishers.
- Earlier the ads used to go through the editorial reviews if any changes were made in the tracking parameters. So, the ads had to go on hold during that review process. Now it doesn’t go through any review processes, so the ad is never stopped.
Upgraded URLs help the users with the third party conversion tracking as well. If the user is using any third-party conversion tracking tool to track the ad results, then he/she doesn’t have to be bothered about too much. They can manage a single tracking URL at the ad campaign that is separate from the landing page URL.
So here you have the idea of what an upgraded URL actually is and what benefits it provides to the users. Hope this article helped you learning the Upgraded URLs better.
Read Also –