The success of any law firm or attorney depends on the kind of exposure they are getting. The past few years have seen a shift from word-of-mouth marketing to digital dependency.
For a law firm looking to make the most of digital engagements, SEO is one such strategy that can help reap rich dividends.
However, with so many tips, tricks, and best practices floating around in the webspace, understanding what works and what doesn’t is the key to success. SEO for lawyers is not something that is possible without guidance from the right agencies.
In this article, we are going to help lawyers and law firms understand the basics of SEO. If you are someone who is looking to start implementing SEO for generating success online, you should read the article.
- 1 The Foundation of a Successful SEO Strategy for Law Firms and Lawyers
- 1.1 1. The Content on the Website and for Other Digital Platforms-
- 1.2 2. Focus on the User Experience of the Legal Website-
- 1.3 3. The Technical Foundation and Structure of the Website-
- 1.4 4. Follow White-Hat SEO Strategies to Avoid Google Penalties-
- 1.5 5. Work Towards Building the Authority of your Website-
- 2 Hiring the Best SEO Agencies for Law Firms: What do you need to look for?
The Foundation of a Successful SEO Strategy for Law Firms and Lawyers
Understanding the entire gamut of SEO processes can get overwhelming. This is why we have tried to list down some elements that are core to the foundations of a successful SEO strategy.
1. The Content on the Website and for Other Digital Platforms-
Good quality SEO-friendly content lies at the heart of a successful SEO strategy. As a law firm or lawyer, you need to create content that is attractive for both search engines as well as your target audiences. Try to keep away from using too much legal jargon that might create confusion in the minds of the target audiences. Work with a good content writer for this.
2. Focus on the User Experience of the Legal Website-
Audiences that are searching for legal advice and content are already worried, tensed, and stressed out. Make sure that the entire experience of browsing the brand website is engaging, lucid, and clear. Ensure that the Call-To-Action (CTAs) buttons are located in areas that are easy for audiences to reach and click. Pay attention to the contact forms as well.
3. The Technical Foundation and Structure of the Website-
Every website is built on a specific set of computer languages. You can choose between a PHP site as well as a WordPress one. Most law sites do not have to ensure complicated technical integrations. This is why a well-designed and optimized WordPress website can help. Pay attention to the blog section, services page and focus on the security of the website.
4. Follow White-Hat SEO Strategies to Avoid Google Penalties-
There are several ways of boosting the performance of your law firm’s website. Some corrupt agencies and digital marketing executives tend to follow Black Hat (Illegal) strategies for faster results. This is something you should avoid as it can land you in trouble with Google and other search engines. Ensure complete compliance with the guidelines of the search engines.
5. Work Towards Building the Authority of your Website-
At the end of the day, you need SEO to help build the credibility and authenticity of your website. This can be achieved through several SEO strategies like Link Building, Guest Posting, and Google My Business presence. The higher is your website’s authority in terms of search rankings, the better will be the quality of leads and the actual number of clients you sign.
Hiring the Best SEO Agencies for Law Firms: What do you need to look for?
If you want your law practice to reap real and tangible results from SEO strategies, you need to work with the best agencies. While there are hundreds of SEO agencies out there, not everyone is adept at offering services for law firms and lawyers.
In this section, we are going to look at how law firms need to hire the best SEO agencies to help them gain online success-
- Experience and Credibility– an SEO agency that has prior experience of working with law firms and lawyers will be more suited to understanding the exact nature of your requirements. They will also have a list of sites and publishers for guest posting and link building ready with them. Strategies need to be fine-tuned to ensure results are achieved.
- Content Creation– Many SEO agencies work with digital marketing professionals. However, they outsource the work of content creation to outsiders. You need to ask the agency that they are doing something like this or not. Content creation is an essential part of SEO success. This is why there cannot be any compromise on that front.
- Affordability and Costs- At the end of the day, you need to hire an SEO firm that is affordable and cost-efficient. You need to understand that SEO is a process that will start showing results after four to six months. You need to be prepared to invest in the same for a sustained period of time. Understanding the costs is essential to hire a good agency.
- Reporting and Analytics- The benefit of pursuing SEO is that its results can be quantified and measurable. In other words, data and analytics are critical to understanding whether your SEO is delivering results or not. You need to ask about how often will the SEO agency submit their reports to you.
- Additional Services- During the course of your SEO project, you might be required to alter the UI or UX of the website. You might also need support in terms of content creation, designing, and so on. An SEO agency should have the manpower to help satisfy all of these queries. If not, you will have to hunt for ten different personnel.
The Bottom Line
In this article, we have looked at how SEO for law firms works. We have tried to list down some core areas that law firms need to concentrate on to get maximum benefits from their SEO efforts. Additionally, we have also looked at how law firms and lawyers should be selecting the best SEO agencies. If you have any other questions, you would like us to answer on law firm SEO, let us know in the comments below.