Whether your Mac is giving you constant alerts about a full startup disk or you’re just anxious about the available space on your computer, it is vital to keep your Mac’s Storage Space in check. With the humdrum, mundane life, it has become daunting to keep a close eye on the Mac disk usage. The online storage and multi-terabyte drives are a few to name. These are quick to fill if you neglect to check your disk space. And, this sadly affects the speed, efficiency, and performance of your Mac.
Now, if you’re wishing to keep your Mac in top-notch condition, taking note of some options works the best for you.
Here are a few ways to check your Mac’s Storage space:
Option 1: About this Mac:
- Click on the Apple logo at your screen’s top left corner.
- Open About this Mac
- Click on the Storage option. You’ll be in a position to see a stacked bar graph, the one that depicts the amount of storage by different data categories. You can then find out the amount of storage space available in the hard drive.
This way is one of the easiest for getting an overview of Mac storage. You can also find out the types of files taking up the maximum space on the hard drive and you can take a deep dive on each application or file specifics by clicking on Manage. Here, you’ll get the complete breakdown.
Option 2: Get Info:
Get info is an easy way to check the disk capacity and used space of your Mac. You can easily do it with these tips to dwell in tranquility. All you’ve to do is:
- Go to the Finder, find your hard drive, and select it after that, if the same appears in the Finder sidebar. You can also change that by going to the Finder> Preferences. Click on the icon of the hard drive. Go> Computer, if you don’t see the hard drive icon. Click on the hard drive icon visible under Devices.
- On the File menu, select Get Info or press Command I on your keyboard.
You’ll get the information about used space and available space from the capacity window and the other information
Option 3: Disk Utility:
- Click on the Applications folder, which you’ll find on the Dock’s right side. You can also open the Finder and select the Applications folder located on the windows’ left flank.
- Now scroll down to the utility folder, and open it.
- Click on the Disk Utility now.
- A window depicting the total space seems to open up. The window shows up the gigabytes and megabytes used and those that are free.
The second option enables you to check the Mac’s Storage Space in a less described manner. But, you get an idea of the available and the used space.
Keep your Mac in Good Shape
It is effortless to check and manage the storage of your Mac. It is relatively easy to view your Mac’s storage without employing a separate app. However, it is always a good idea to use external software- the one that runs Apple’s options for managing the memory of your Mac.